Sunya Reading Pen: Pen Update Tutorial
Hong Kong-based children's book publisher Sun Ya, produced a reading pen designed to work with a subset of its books, and its monthly magazine.
Demo video of using the reading pen with Sunya's Monthly Little Jumping Bean children's magazine
Each time they release a new title/new issue of their magazine, new digital files will need to loaded onto the pen in order for the pen to read the book. If you are comfortable reading Chinese, you can head to the official Sunya page for their tutorial. Otherwise, the English version of the instructions are below.
How to Load New Content into the Sunya Reading Pen
1. Find your book in the Reading Pen Files section below, and download the corresponding reading pen file. Unzip the file. You should see a bunch of files with file extension .tid
2. Plug the pen into your computer (where you downloaded your files) using the included USB cable. You should see a drive labeled "NO NAME" appear. This is where all your reading pen's files are stored:
3. Drag the .tid files in the /BOOKS folder in the pen
4. Wait for the files to fully transfer (it can take a few minutes depending on how many you're doing)
5. Eject the pen properly from the computer. Turn on the pen, and tap on the cover of the book to start reading!
6. Enjoy! :)