My First Animals in Cantonese is unique in its focus on colloquial Cantonese, not formal written Chinese. This book introduces Cantonese language and culture to preschool children, and is ideal for families or caregivers who may not be fully fluent in spoken Cantonese or written Chinese.
This picture book uses conversational questions, phrases and words to take you on a journey to a farm, a zoo, a park and the oceanside.
Each word is written in traditional Chinese characters. Words are colour-coded to the Jyutping and an alternate phonetic pronunciation and English translation.
Spoken Cantonese is used.
Cantonese for Kids bilingual books include:
- My First Everyday Words in Cantonese & English
- My First Animals in Cantonese
- My First Colors in Cantonese & English
- My First Book of Things That Go! in Cantonese & English
- Goh Goh and Dai Dai's Big Day with Elephant
FREE audio recording included (available at www.greencowsbooks.com)
Softcover | 32 pages | 21.5 x 21.5cm